Google Analytics

Thursday 25 October 2012

Weigh-loss Journey!! The 50 lbs Mark!!

So, I did it folks!  When I went to see my nutritionist on Monday morning, she weighed me and I made it to the 50 lb mark!  I couldn't be happier!!

We talked a bit about what I have been eating and she said that I have been doing everything right.

On Sunday when I went to the GM excursion at the Blissdom Canada Conference, I didn't exactly feel comfortable whipping out my jar of baby food in front of the GM staff that were there, so I opted to try some unpureed food that I knew that would be soft enough to tolerate. They only had 3 choices on their menu so I went with the Pulled Beef Taco.  It was made with pulled beef and had a kiwi salsa served on a soft tortilla.  I ordered a half order but I actually only ate a quarter of a half of that half order...wow.. that's a mouthful. It was nice and soft as most pulled meats are so I was able to tolerate it with ease.

I told my nutritionist about eating the soft meat and told her what it was and she asked how I felt after that.  I felt fine, I didn't have any discomfort at all from it so I must have stayed within the portion guidelines. She said that at this point I could move to the soft foods menu!  She brought out a list of the things I can eat and the thing I was most excited about was Hummus!  She also called in the nurse to check on my incisions to see if I will be able to go swimming yet.  I'm happy to say, that I have been approved to do some light exercise as well as go on some more super-power walks!  My favorite walking partner lives in Toronto at the moment, so I will have to find one that lives closer! When I go swimming, I have to wear some waterproof strips over my incision but at least I can go!

So, I know I said I will post a pic as soon as I hit the 50 lb mark, but if you paid attention to my last post, I had many pics of me at that point!  I will have to take another picture of me that is just me and I will post it with one at my original weight, but for now I will leave you with this one.


4 comments:

  1. Love the new blog!! You are amazing and strong, and you should be so very proud of yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo proud of you!! Congratulations!! so excited to see where this journey is going to take you!! YIPPPEE!!!! Jody B

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you Tina :) way to go.... I wish you lived closer cause I would love to walk with you!! Looking forward to seeing some more pics of you aswell.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment here!! It will help boost my ratings!!