Google Analytics

Saturday 2 June 2012

Geesh..Has it really been that long?

I guess its been a really long time since I actually blogged a real blog. I'm not going make up a million excuses, I'm just going be honest and say it.  I have a bad short term memory and need to write things down so I can blog about it sooner.  When something funny or interesting happens, I think to myself, "I should blog about that!"  Then I forget to do it, however, a few weeks go by, and the long term memory kicks in and recalls a funny thing to talk about. Then its more of a decision as to whether or not I should.  The should not mostly wins because the moment has passed, but today, I'm going to tell you about driving my dad's car on my last road trip to Kitchener. This is his car.
Its a 2001 Crown Victoria.  I couldn't even narrow down the colour for you.  In some light, it looks midnight blue.  In some light, it looks midnight plum. At night, it looks black. When I drive, I tend to stick a bit closer to the speed limit than some of the people who terrorize Hiway 11.  I do tend to go a bit faster, but I don't go crazy.  When driving this car during the daylight, it doesn't take long for people to realize I am not a police car. Its actually quite entertaining to see people speeding and suddenly slowing right down because they think you are a cop. BUT..and BUT is capitalized for a good reason, it is not fun when driving at night.  It takes people a lot longer to realize that I am not a cop, so, they pick a speed just at the speed limit or under (cowards) and you end up having anywhere from 2-4 cars blocking you in at a really slow pace.  The numbers actually grow when you approach Hiway 400 from 11.  So, depending on the time of day you travel, driving a car that resembles an unmarked police car, can be funny. I've even thought of sitting on a side street somewhere with a blow dryer in my hand and some sunglasses and a dark dress style shirt, so that I could pretend to be radar!  Honestly, if it wasn't a possibility that I could be charged with impersonation, I'd do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment here!! It will help boost my ratings!!